In this episode, you'll hear the answers straight from Gregory Belton, Executive Chairman of HUB Ontario - and recipient of the Order of Canada (!!)
Selling the insurance brokerage in which you’ve put a lifetime of effort is no small step.
How do you know that you’ve got the right partner? The right price? The right place for your clients & staff?
Good news – the DIPP crew has done a bunch of legwork for you. Our M & A series covers some of the most important questions & brings you the answers, right from the source.
We asked Western Financial Group, Navacord, Rogers Insurance (CBN), AJ Gallagher, Westland, Brokerlink and HUB International the following questions:
- Where did your firm come from and where are you going?
- Why should a broker sell to you – what value do you bring?
- What’s your target broker?
- Does a broker with a strong digital presence get a valuation boost?
- Do you want former owners to stick around?
- Do you keep the original name?
- What’s in it for the acquired employees?
- What’s in it for carriers?
- Who wins & who loses?
- How do you value a brokerage?
- What can a broker do to make their business worth more?
- How do valuations compare between heavy CL brokers vs heavy PL brokers?
- Does a ROFR diminish the value of a brokerage?
- What is your firm’s end game?
In this episode, you’ll hear the answers straight from Shawn DeSantis, Navacord CEO